Exposure to Mold and Mold Sickness

September 9th, 2011

Prolonged exposure to mold can cause serious health problems if it is not dealt with in a quick manner.  Mold can cause asthma, sinus infections, bronchitis, and many other things. The most common health problem associated with exposure to mold is mold sickness.

Mold sickness is a health condition that weakens and damages the internal organs of the body due to exposure to mold. Mold sickness can be extremely serious and needs to be treated by a doctor as early as possible. Since many people do not know that they have mold, you need to be aware of the common symptoms associated with mold sickness.

In the beginning stage of mold sickness, you will generally notice symptoms that are very similar to those of the common cold. Most of the time symptoms like sneezing, coughing, itchy skin, minor headaches, stuffy noses, and itching eyes will occur. If you notice yourself experiencing these types of symptoms every time you enter a building, chances are there is mold in that building. If it is a public building, contact the maintenance department and voice your concerns.

The middle stage of mold sickness only starts to occur after a fairly long period of time such as a month or two. If these following symptoms occur after the initial symptoms, you most likely have mold sickness. If this is the case, call your doctor and schedule an appointment immediately.

Common symptoms in the middle stage of mold sickness include: severe vomiting, chronic bronchitis, sexual dysfunction, severe short-term memory loss, severe headaches or migraines, and diarrhea. At this point, mold sickness can start to have long-term health effects on your body.

The advanced stage of mold sickness is extremely severe and will most likely cause permanent damage to your body. After an extreme, prolonged exposure to mold, your body will experience many painful symptoms. Symptoms in the advanced stage include temporary blindness, spurts of short and long term memory loss, bleeding lungs, brain damage, lung cancer, and in some cases even death.

If anything is evident about mold sickness, it is that it slowly causes deterioration of the body. This is what makes it exceptionally dangerous if not treated. You should be aware of your surroundings at all times and should always be on the lookout for mold. As you can now see, mold can be a very serious problem with very real consequences. A few hundred Americans will die this year as a result of damage from mold.

The best way to avoid mold sickness is to be on the lookout for mold. Mold typically grows in dark, cool, and damp places like a basement or bathroom. Mold also is more likely to grow in an old home or building because the older homes are more prone to leaks and water damage. Before just assuming its gone make sure you understand black mold removal and the testing process. By removing mold in its’ early stages, you can limit the damage to your home and protect the health of yourself as well as your family’s health.

Did you like this? Share it:

Categories: Black Mold Health Risks, Mold Allergy and Symptoms

Tags: , , Leave a comment

Feed

http://www.blackmoldremovals.com / Exposure to Mold and Mold Sickness